6X - Changing Trigger Command Mode
There are 4 options for controlling camera triggers for the 6X; Command, External, Interval and Overlap.
Command allows trigger commands from DJI Payload SDK(M200/M300 series of drones) MAVLink, the web page, or the custom Sentera Protocol.
External allows for a specific I/O pin on the camera to trigger the sensor.
Interval will trigger the sensor every X seconds.
Overlap will trigger the sensor when certain conditions are met, such as Minimum Altitude and Overlap from the last photo.
For the 6X on any DJI drone, we recommend using the Overlap Trigger option.
Changing Trigger Mode
The 6X uses a web interface to change between the various trigger modes. The web interface can be accessed by powering on your 6X Sensor and
Powering the 6X
The 6X Sensor can be powered by the connection from a drone or by the external power supply.
- Install your 6X sensor onto to your drone.
- Power on your drone to power on your 6X.
- Wait 30 seconds, the gimbal will stabilize downward and the 4 LEDs on the 6X will illuminate to indicate power.
External Power Supply
- Connect the external power supply to the J1 port on the top/rear of the 6X Sensor.
2. Plug in the external power supply to an outlet
3. Wait 30 seconds, the 4 LEDs on the 6X will illuminate to indicate power. The gimbal motors are inactive while being powered from the external unit.
Accessing the Web Interface
To connect to the web interface configuration page:
- Connect your computer to your 6X sensor with the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable as shown below. A USB-C to USB-C cable can also be used.
Use the port on the side of the camera, as shown below. This is NOT the same USB-C port used in connecting the GPS/Light Sensor module during flight.
4. Click Configuration located on the left-hand menu. The Current Configuration window should display, as
5. At this point any trigger mode can be set. For flying on any DJI drone, we recommend using Overlap, with the overlap value at 80%. The Overlap % chosen on the configuration page will determine the Frontlap of the drone. Sidelap is determined by the route the drone is set to fly during flight planning.
6. Click Apply and Restart.
7. Wait for the sensor to reconnect, this can take up to a minute. Verify that the correct trigger option has been set.
6X - FAQ
Can I operate the drone using Sentera FieldAgent and import/view my data in FieldAgent? Yes, you can import both RGB & Multispectral data for storage, and view RGB photos on a map. How can I view vegetation index maps and advanced analytics prior to ...
FieldAgent - Changing Your Payment Details
To modify your subscription, log in to the billing portal: 1. Visit https://fieldagent.sentera.com/ and log in. 2. Click Admin in the upper right. 3. Click the Billing/Licenses tab in the left-hand navigation menu. 4. Click the Billing Portal link on ...
FieldAgent Mobile - Setting DJI Controller Flight Modes
Depending on your device, set your DJI controller to the following modes: F Mode: Phantom 3 Series Matrice 100 Omni Inspire 1 P Mode: Phantom 4 Series Inspire 2 Mavic 2 Pro M200/M210/M210RTK M300 Note: Mavic controller should NOT be in Sport Mode ...
FieldAgent Web - Correcting the City and/or Country
If you are an international client, you may see the wrong country and city displayed when you login to fieldagent.sentera.com. Follow the steps below to update this information. 1. Click Profile on the top of the screen. 2. Update the State/Province, ...
Sentera 6X Multispectral & Thermal Sensors
Getting Started User Guide Firmware Upgrade Release Notes Hardware GPS Light Sensor Installation CAD Step Assembly Data Collection Flight Planning Best Practices Changing Image Capture Mode FieldAgent iOS User Guide Radiometric Correction Reflectance ...