Create and Export Management Zones and Prescription Files
Now available for satellite imagery!
Management zones are used to group the data of a detailed health map into simple shapes that can then be exported as a prescription file. Below is an example of a zone map (left) and the health map which was used to create the management zone.
Managment Zones on Web
To create a zone map from a map layer and export as a shapefile:
- Open FieldAgent.Sentera.com and navigate to the field you'd like to create a zone map for.
- Open the map layer you'd like to create the zone map from. Note: RGB layers cannot be turned into zone maps.
Some types of map layers that can be turned into zone maps include:
- NDVI or NDRE Satellite Imagery
- NDVI or NDRE QuickTiles or Mosaics
- Populations Maps (from a Stand Count)
- Tassel Maps (from a Tassel Count)
- Set the mosaic display mode to Zone map
- Manipulate the layer as you'd like:
- Select the number of bins (colors)
- Set the minimum and maximum values to be included
- Click Download Shapefile
The downloaded file can now be used in a tool such as SMS to create a prescription.
Management Zones on Desktop
To create management zones and subsequent prescription file:
- Open FieldAgent on your Desktop.
Navigate to the field you’d like to create a prescription for.
Select the layer you’d like to create a prescription from.
Select the Toolbox.
Select the Gears icon.
A popup window will indicate loading status. Note that this process may take some time.
A prescription can then be created. Re-open the toolbox and select the RX icon.
Set the units and rate at which the file should be written for.
Area Isolation Example
To write a prescription for only the worst or best areas of a field use the toolbox to manipulate the dataset before running the management zone tool. Isolate a specific part of the field by setting the bins to 1 and then drag the min and max sliders around on the graph.
Settings for this example:
- Bins were set to 1
- Color Map set to Reds
- Max slider moved to the left
- Generate a management zone by pressing the gear icon in the toolbox
In this case, the worst performing areas of the field were isolated for treatment.