Double 4K - Software Release Notes
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710.
Version 1.5.2 | March 30, 2023
- For S/N's 200+: Add support for Mavic 3E systems (912600 baud U-blox)
- Add support for U-blox Gen-9 in PHX
- Inhibit Skyport triggers when operating in non Command trigger mode
- Update branding on configuration page
- Use RTK data over Skyport for supported platforms and configurations
- Additional logging of Skyport position data per session
- Fix issue preventing DJI Pilot from updating photo counter
- Update location of serial number tag to more standard id
- Add missing band information for some D4k Variants (-10, -11, -98, etc)
- Add XMP::Sentera tags to indicate the home takeoff location, altitude, and accuracy.
- Default to assume forward facing flight on DJI Phantom/Mavic/Inspire systems.
- Add support for different gimbal processors.
- Enabled support for non-east facing flights.
- Fixed issues with restarting sessions midflight.
- Improved attitude stabilization.
- Improved logging.
- Fixed issue where above ground altitude was not written to image tags.
- Fixed incorrect determination of terrain estimate.
- Fixed issue that prevented gimbal firmware from updating.
- Fixed issue on PHX RTK payloads recording incorrect terrain altitude.
- Fixed incorrect terrain if AGX gimbal is launched prematurely.
- Fix missing ACK packets for SCCP Protocol.
- Updated exposure on select cameras for improved image analytics processing.
- Added exposure information to exif and XMP:
- Exif:ExposureBiasValue - EV Value target for the image.
- XMP:Sentera:ExposureTarget - The value in the config file for EV (-12 to 12).
- Added option to change which camera is used for overlap calculations:
- Defaults to widest field of view camera.
- Fixes for switching camera streams on AGX710 Skyport video.
- Fix invalid session.txt altitude on PHX if camera reboots during launch
- Set xmp IsNormalized=0 for better Pix4D support
- Add fallback to platform GPS on RTK GPS dropout
- AGX: Fix compatibility issues with newest M2XX firmware
- AGX: Fix update issues on some AGX Platforms
- Add system information to the diagnostics web page with firmware and hardware details
- Fixed RTP video streams not starting properly
- Fix camera hanging when AGX payloads did not detect a co-processor
- config.yml files are now removed from the MicroSD card after being stored internally in the camera
- This allows swapping cards between cameras without modifying their config files
- The current config and factory defaults are now found in the /info folder
- To apply an update, copy the config.yml from the info folder to the root, modify the file, and reboot
- If the config fails to load, it will be renamed to .failed along with a reason for the failure
- Improved error messages to the user can be found on the camera web page
- Information on the camera hardware is written to /info/hardware-config.yml on boot
- Added capability for custom UV filters / aggressive CAC for tower inspections
- AGX system/gimbal firmware now automatically updated to match camera firmware
- Fix for custom (XXXXX-99) cameras video feeds
- I2C fixed for 6601 to support light sensors
- Loss of communication with the camera now display Communication Lost rather than SDCard missing
- Improvements to LiveAnalytics for Stand Count
- Added M200/M210 V2 Video Feed Support
- Fix for the rare occurrence of corrupt images due to large thumbnail sizes
- Added AGL Altitude to XMP.Camera.AboveGroundAltitude
- Always write band information for cameras (removed option from the config file)
- For S/N's 001 - 199: Update LEDs to be solid red/green = no go/go
- AGX710: Fixed LiveNDVI view on Analytics cameras
- Improved accuracy of LiveNDVI calculations for all sensors
- For S/N's 200+: Add BLE support for setting overlap via Field Agent App
- For S/N'S 200+: Update LED status codes to simpler Red/Green NoGo/Go
- For S/N's 001 - 199: Added Analytics support
- For S/N's 200+: Improved analytics processing time by a factor of 2
- Enhanced RGB image quality and exposure settings.
- Improved image metadata support for Pix4D.
- New DISTANCE_3D trigger mode for vertical inspection applications.
- AGX710 specific updates.
- Enabled live analytics (stand and weed counts) for supported variants.
- Fixed M200/M210 flight stability while connected to the Skyport.
- Improved gimbal pointing performance.
- AGX710: Fixed XMP Wavelength information generation for multispectral systems
- Corrected an issue with Deere RTK systems that would report incorrect MSL altitudes
- Improved robustness of communication with Deere RTK receivers
- AGX-710: Fixed an issue with incorrect timestamps when no absolute time is received
- Fixed a bug preventing quicktiles from PHXPro RTK systems
- Add support for Sentera PHX RTK Revision 2 Payloads (Mavlink over UDP)
Add support for M200 Series gimbaled payloads (DJI PSDK)
- Photo mode and Video clip recording from DJI Pilot is supported
- Streaming Video, LiveNDVI, and Camera Switching available in DJI Pilot
- FieldAgent Mobile support for image feedback
- Add support for metadata from Honeywell Hg4940 series Inertial Navigation Systems
Add ability to set baud rate for all serial port protocols from the config file
- Allows Mavlink interfaces to run at their default 57600 bps
Allow all protocols to interface over serial or UDP
- DJI API Port (M100/A3) is currently not supported over serial
- Fixes inability to start session on Omni-RTK Piksi Systems
- Fixes communication with M100/M600 platforms broken by newer firmware updates
- Fixes incorrect setting for GPU governor on bootup
- Fixed session start issues with Omni and PHX Pro platforms
- Added support for Swift Piksi RTK GPS units on M100 systems
Enabled world file usage for DJI/Inspire systems
- For best results, use an Inspire system with a NADIR Gimbal
- Added iperf3 server to test connection quality to the camera
- Increased precision of lat/long EXIF tags to allow for RTK precision
Auto ISO is now enabled for use on all cameras.
- This will auto-adjust gain to a max shutter speed of 2.5ms
- Decreased key-frame interval on video feed to improve performance in lossy datalinks
- Added detailed payload attitude support for Sentera gimbals on Indago2 firmware >2.7.0
- All platform types now record GPS accuracy and details in XMP or EXIF tags when the information is available.
Added support to enable/disable wifi access point from the config file (Requires installed wifi antennas)
Added improved web page interface
- GPS position, status, and attitude data can now be monitored
- Configuration files can be swapped
- Popular config files can now be stored internally in the camera (or SDcard) and selected via the web interface.
- Imagers now consistently take images in the same order, improving high overlap surveys
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the info.txt file from being generated in some case
- Fixed XMP import issues with newer versions of Pix4D
- Improved behavior of the system during overheat conditions
- Added support for FieldAgent™ ILS Analysis
- Added thermal and CPU performance logs to the info folder to monitor thermal issues
- Added Mavlink message logging
- Added capability to disable CPU cores
- If no firmware folder is present on the SDcard, an empty folder is created
- GPS Latitude and Longitude Exif tags updated to be unsigned rationals
- A missing SDcard will still allow the system to boot (but not start a session)
- Improved capture rate while using XMP tags in images
- Fixed a possible crash when capturing images at near the max rate of the camera
- Added Support for Narrowband NDRE, NDVI, and RGB Filters
- Copying firmware update files to the SDCard on MaxOSX now updates properly
- Fixed bug preventing ILS over UDP from starting a session
- Fix attitude in Ublox based systems (Phantom/Inspire Upgrades)
- Disable Auto Antibanding for all imagers
- Onboard FFC is enabled for select Snapcam hardware
- Improved timing repeatability across the board when triggering near the maximum camera rate
- Thumbnails are not longer embedded in exif (they were not being used)
- Light Sensor and GPS/RTK Precision data is now recorded to image-metadata.txt
- Dji.csv log file now generated with information received from DJI autopilots
- If the hardware-config partition is corrupt, a better log message is generated
- Closing a session without a video feed will now complete successfully
- Added CPU temperature and frequency logging to jpegs.csv
- A3 Support over UDP works in DJI Simulator again
Added a new overlay to indicate the pitch and roll of the gimbal
- A line with degree markers is shown at -90, 0, and 90 degrees absolute to help with inspection
Added a System Time packet to the ICD to allow fine tuning of time before and during a session
- See ICD Documentation for more details
Many improvements to how the
config.yml file is handled
- The last known good config file is now saved in the camera and used if config.yml on the card is blank or missing
- A factory config file can be set for the camera to use as a reference. This file is written out to the SDcard on boot
- config.yml is always written to the SDCard on boot if the card is present. This allows the user to see what settings are loaded
- Fixed a bug in the Still Session Ack Packet that was sending an incorrect ID
- Fixed a bug where autopilots without attitude
- Blank config files will no longer crash the camera
- Added Hardware Configuration files containing Imager.confs
- IMPORTANT: These will need to be loaded in after the firmware going forward from this version
- System.info files now saved to image folders as well and imported into FieldAgent™.
- LiveNDVI cameras report as NIR+ in ICD Status Packets
- Fixed a bug where changing video feeds could cause the feed to crash
- Added logging of RTK Relative Position to gps.csv
- Increased readability of yellow GPS Status Icons (Darker Shade)
- Fixed factor offset in gps.csv log file
- Added GPS Status Overlay to video feed
- Added Crosshairs to video feed
- Added capability to disable individual OSD items
- Added StartingZoomSteps config to start the camera zoomed in for factory focusing
- Fixed a color mapping bug for LiveNDVI that was resulting in bad images
- Time Interval of < 1 second for triggers is now interpreted correctly
- Fixed ICD for ImagerPreviewStream setup to correct an RGB/NDVI selection issue
- ICD Status packets now report the correct imager type following the Sentera ICD.
- Changed Height for Ublox to use hMSL rather than height above ellipsoid.
- Fixed a gimbal lock issue when calculating image roll/pitch/yaw at a gimbal position of exactly 90
- A3 GPS Detail packet parsing added to get MSL altitude and other useful parameters
- Parsing of SBGC data for the Omni and M600 systems added
- Source type for DJI and U_BLOX modes can now also be commanded
- Fixed minor threading issues when opening and closing sessions frequently during a flight
Support for DJI-M100 platform added
- Uses Lat/Long/Alt/Yaw/Flight Status from the SDK
Support for DJI-M600 platform added
- Uses Lat/Long/Alt/Yaw/Time/Flight Status from the SDK
Added user adjustable autoexposure settings.
- Can choose: frame-average, center-weighted, spot-metering
- Added a picture taken OSD indicator to the upper right corner of the video stream
- Camera Preview Setup packet form the ICD support is now added, with new fields appended for preview stream position and OSD enable/disable
- Digital Camera Zoom now supported through the ICD
- Session.txt support added offline QuickTiles
- Overlap modes are supported as a trigger mode for the M100/600 platforms
- Support added for Incident Light Sensors over UDP
- The system will now only queue up to 5 triggers if it is flooded with trigger requests at a rate faster than it can handle (usually > 2Hz). Any trigger requests given after the queue has reached 5 will be ignored and logged as a failed trigger.
- World projection files in PROCERUS mode (Kestral Autopilot / ICD) now use aircraft yaw when generating world files.
- Terrain Elevation packets will now update the terrain estimate used for automatic overlap modes.
- Improved error handling when the IMU is not present on the I2C bus
- Auto Overlap Trigger Modes do not currently take into account the digital zoom level
- Fix for Mavlink Altitude being reported as too low in the metadata files
- Fix the RTP Header for Mpeg2 TS w/ RTP Headers
- Fix for incorrect time being received over Mavlink packets
- Fixed a crash when using Mpeg2_TS in very bright or very dark environments
- FOV in the status packet is now set to the value found in the config.yml
- IMU Attitude data added to imu.csv for testing
- Fixed Yaw/Pitch/Roll data in image metadata for Kestral autopilots
- Fixed timestamps in metadata for Kestral autopilots
- Session.txt files now correctly generated for offline QuickTile in FieldAgent™
- Fixed status update rate to match VCHeavy refresh
- Change heading names in a number of log files to correctly reflect timestamp values
- Added capability to set the EV and ISO in the config file
- snapcam.sdp is now automatically recreated when specifying new port/IP address for the video
- Added capability to disable/enable video streaming and recording
- Added capability to set status/video packets to a multicast IP
- Added 2 new GPS trigger modes, GPS Automatic Overlap, and Fixed Height Overlap
- Fixed the video being mirrored compared to the vehicle and jpeg images
- Fixed a crash that could occur when triggering during session initialization
- Removed a comma from the ILS log header
- Terrain and Altitude (0x0E Packet) Support Added
- Session.txt to allow offline QuickTiles added
- EPSG.txt file now generated in the base directory when creating world files
- Updated support for new light sensor board (TCS34715)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with the new ICD and old Kestral autopilots. There is now an option to use the older Revision R protocol for these systems.
- Fixed a compatibility bug with session ACK and VCTouch preventing session starts
- From this release onwards, version downgrades are allowed by default
- Added an option to disable world file generation
- Allow the user to set a fixed altitude for world file generation
- Allow the user to set the GPS trigger distance
- GPS.csv is now generated when using Ublox GPS
- Allows customization of the IP and port numbers for the system components
- Fixed a bug that was causing NIR image to be encoded in software causing excessive CPU usage
- Initial support for Mavlink Added
- Default Video Size changed to 1920x1080
- Fixed missing busybox commands from build 0.3.0
- VC Touch "Snapshot" Button Support
- Color Conversion from YUV to RGB fixed
Initial Release. This is the first official release and supports ONLY Kestral autopilots. Triggering must be done by the autopilot.
- Kestral Autopilot Support Added
- Does not currently import into FieldAgent™ (needs more CSV Files)
6X - Firmware Release Notes
Click HERE to download firmware Version 3.7.0 | July 30th, 2023 Features Added support for DJI Skyport V2 hardware Added support for Freefly Astro systems Significantly reduced session startup time Bug Fixes Firmware updates will now delete all ...
65R - Firmware Release Notes
Click HERE to download firmware Version 3.7.0 | July 30th, 2023 Features Added support for DJI Skyport V2 hardware Added support for Freefly Astro systems Added support for new 27.4 mm lens (21030-01) Reduced session startup time Improved sharpening ...
Double 4K - Updating Firmware
Recent versions of firmware for the Sentera Double 4K Sensor (v1.4.0 or later) are required for the Fly Forward Update. Released March 2022. Follow the instructions below for downloading and installing the firmware update for your Double 4K/AGX710 ...
Double 4K Skyport - Sensor User Guide
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710. Scroll to the bottom and download the attachment Double 4K Skyport User Manual. In the manual, you will find the following sections: Introduction In the Box Installation Flight Flight Types ...
Double 4K - Configuration File User Guide
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710. Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Double4K Configuration File User Guide.