2 Download and Install
The purpose of this document is to guide a FieldAgent user through the download and installation of the Sentera Stitching Service. If you have any issues, contact Support at Sentera.
2.1 Stitching Service
1. Navigate to http://installs.sentera.com/stitching_service/
2. Validate that the PC meets the system requirements.
3. Click at the bottom of the window.
4. Open the folder where the file was saved, downloads is typically the default location.
5. Double-click setup.exe to launch the installer.
Figure 1: Click Install
7. The download dialog box appears with a status bar, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Download Status Bar
8. "Install the Sentera Stitching Service" is selected by default, as shown in figure 3. Click next to finish the installation.
Figure 3: Click Next
The next step detects whether Docker has been installed on your machine. If not, Figure 4 displays.
1. Click "Install Docker". The Docker Desktop Installer.exe file downloads. The file is quite large, and depending on the speed of your internet connection, it may take some time to download.
Figure 4: Detect Docker Installation
2. Once the download is complete, double-click Docker Desktop Installer.exe to start the install process.
3. If prompted, select Yes in the User Account Control dialog box, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: User Account Control
4. Ensure both checkboxes are selected and click OK, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Configuration
5. Docker for Windows installs. Once complete, an installation success notification displays, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Installation Success
6. Click Close.
Note: Make sure that any work is saved before continuing with the next steps.
7. Click Start in the lower left corner of the screen, select Docker for the Windows icon as shown in Figure 8. It will take a few minutes to launch.
Figure 8: Windows Docker
8. If the WSL 2 Kernel is not installed or up-to-date, Docker will prompt to install the update. Select the link in the dialog box, as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9: Click URL Link
9. The webpage will load on Step 4. Click the link for WSL2 Linux kernel update package for x64 machines, as shown in Figure 10.
Figure 10: Click WSL2 Link
10. Run the installer for the downloaded wsl_update_x64.exe file.
Figure 11: Click Next
12. If prompted, click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box, as shown in Figure 12.
Figure 12: Click Yes
13. Once the install of the wsl_update_x64.exe is complete, click Finish, as shown in Figure 13.
Figure 13: Click Finish
14. Open Docker and click on the settings icon
Figure 14: Settings Icon
15. Change the settings to match what is shown in figure 15.
Check the boxes for:
- "Start Docker Desktop when you log in"
- "Use the WSL 2 based engine"
Uncheck the box for:
- "Use Docker Compose V2"
Then click "Apply & restart"
Figure 15: Docker Settings Menu
16. Wait until Docker restarts and displays the message “Docker Desktop is running,” which will display in the hidden Icons menu on the windows task bar.
Figure 16: Hidden Icon Menu
2.3 Configure the Stitching Service
1. Return to the Sentera Stitching Service Installer, and click "Validate Docker Installation".
2. A success message will pop up if you have installed docker and checked the correct settings.
3. Click Next in the Sentera Stitching Service Installer.
4. Select the number of parallel stitches to configure, a larger number allows for faster processing. Then click Next.
5. Enter your Windows username and password in the popup
Refer to the Sentera Stitching Service Installer if you're having trouble logging in.
7. The Installation Success Message will now display. If the installation was not successful, follow the instructions to remedy the installation. Click Close.
8. Restart your computer.
9. After the successful installation of the Sentera Stitching Service, launch FieldAgent. An icon displays at the top right of the screen, which shows the status of any stitching job
At the first launch of FieldAgent, after installation, the Sentera Stitching Service will attemtpt to stitch all fields. Automatic stitching takes place in the background every time you import a new survey. Once a field has been stitched, no notifications that it is complete displays. The newly stitched full mosaic will be automatically available in the FieldAgent Field View for the imported field and survey.
3 Manually Select a Field to Stitch
To manually select field to stitch:
1. Navigate to the Field View screen for the field you want to stitch.
2. Select the survey date and then click the Stitching Icon to add the survey to the stitching queue.
3. The Stitching Service validates that it can process the images, then will let you know when the field is in the Stitching queue.
4. The survey chosen to stitch displays in the stitching queue. View the queue by clicking on the stitching Icon on the top right of the screen.
From time to time, the Stitching Service does not work as expected. The following are some simple troubleshooting steps to get things back on track.
Note: Make sure it is a Restart and not a Shutdown or Hibernate of the PC. It really does matter.
Figure 29: Restart
2. Once the computer has restarted, log into Windows. Wait until Docker reports that it is running before logging into FieldAgent.
3. If this doesn't solve the problem, then shut down Docker by selecting it from the hidden icons area, as shown in Figure 30.
Figure 30: Hidden Icons Area
4. Right-click on the Docker icon and select Quit Docker, as shown in Figure 31.
Figure 31: Quit Docker
5. Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and type Services into the search box and select Services from the Best Match item list, as shown in Figure 32.
Figure 32: Services
6. Navigate to Sentera Stitching Service, right-click to select Stop, as shown in Figure 33.
Figure 33: Stop
7. Restart the computer.
8. Log in and then wait for the Docker to run.
9. Launch FieldAgent.
10. Repeat Step 6 to navigate the Services to determine if Sentera Stitching Services is running. If not, then right-click, and select Start.
5 Update Passwords
To change the password for Sentera Stitching Service:
1. Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, as shown in Figure 34.
Figure 34: Windows Icon
2. Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and type Services into the search box and select Services from the Best Match item list, as shown in Figure 35.
Figure 35: Services
3. Navigate to Sentera Stitching Service, as shown in Figure 36.
Figure 36: Sentera Stitching Service
4. Right-click on Sentera Stitching Service and select Properties, as shown in Figure 37.
Figure 37: Properties
5. Type the new Windows password in both the Password and Confirm Password fields, as shown in Figure 38.
Figure 38: Password
6. Click OK to change your password.
7 PDF guide download