- Download and login to FieldAgent on an iPhone or iPad.
- From the main screen, tap the drone icon to begin flight planning. Browse to the area you'd like to collect imagery of by using the background satellite map.
- Long press (press down and hold for 1 second) on the map to place a corner of the flight area
- Continue long pressing on the map in the corners of the flight boundary in a clockwise direction.
- Click in the box labeled Presets
- Choose from the list of presets:
- Stand and Tassel Counts - These option sets the overlap to -300%, as the flight plan will collect a sampling of stand counts from throughout the field. Every plant in every photo is counted, but every plant in the field is not captured in a photo). Ensure the boundary does not overlap trees. If necessary, alter the Boundary Buffer or flight boundary to plan a safe flight.
Note: A tassel must have at least two strands to receive accurate tassel counts.
- Early/Late Scouting/Maps - These options will all produce a map of the flight area.
Late/Early refers to the time in the season (Early Season vs. Late Season). Late season will fly higher than early season, as less detail is generally required as the plants become larger.
Scout/Map dictates if the resulting images can be processed as stitched mosaic. Stitching requires longer flight time and significantly longer processing time after the drone lands. QuickTile vs. Stitched Mosaic
Early Season Scout Early Season Map
Late Season Scout
Late Season Map Altitude 200ft 200ft 400ft 400ft QuickTile or Stitching QuickTile Only QuickTile & Stitched Mosaic QuickTile Only QuickTile & Stitched Mosaic
- Select Done
- Click in the box labeled Cameras
- Select the camera or cameras on your drone
- Select Done
- Select Done again
- Click the Launch Button. If the Launch Button is unavailable, select the red cell below the Launch Button and fix any listed issues preventing takeoff.