Sentera PHX - CommsBox Hardware Update
The CommsBox hardware update adds a small user installable piece of hardware to the CommsBox. The update improves the CommsBox connection reliability between the CommsBox radio and the aircraft radio. The update is free to any PHX customer who requests it.
NOTE: The CommsBox hardware update is for Long Range Comms equipped PHX systems only. If you own a pre-2019 PHX system, consider a long range comms upgrade for your PHX. Contact our sales or support team for more information.
Obtaining an Update:
How to know/check if you need the CommsBox hardware update:
Your PHX is equipped with long range comms and was purchased before October 2020. There are two ways to check if your CommsBox does not have this hardware installed:
Method 1 (no tools required):
- Connect the CommsBox power cable to the battery and the CommsBox.
- Wait 30 seconds to allow the CommsBox to fully power up.
- Remove the power cable from the CommsBox.
- Look at the LEDs near the power connector:
If the LEDs turn off right away, then your CommsBox does not have the update hardware installed.
No update installed
If the LEDs remain illuminated for several seconds after removing power, then your CommsBox has the update hardware installed.
Update is installed
Method 2 (requires a Phillips screw driver):
- Remove the four screws from the front cover of the CommsBox.
- Carefully remove the cover from the enclosure. There is a cable that connects the two. Do not remove the cable from either side.
- On the back side of the cover there is a circuit board. Check to see if there are two cables plugged in at the bottom of the circuit card:
- If there is a second cable connected at the bottom of the circuit card on the backside of the cover, then the update hardware has been installed.
- If there is only one cable that is attached to the circuit card attached to the back side of the cover, and circuit card is in the enclosure, than your CommsBox does not have the update hardware installed.
Sentera PHX® - CommsBox Datasheet
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Sentera PHX® - CommsBox Datasheet. Download the latest Sentera PHX Operation Manual Sentera PHX Firmware Update
Sentera PHX™ - Autopilot Firmware Update (PX4)
Download the latest version of Sentera PHX Autopilot Firmware (PX4) link. See also: Release Notes. Use the following instructions to update: Download the latest Sentera PHX™ Autopilot Firmware from the link above. Assemble and power on your Sentera ...
Sentera PHX - Senthawk (CommsBoard) Firmware Update
Download Download Sentera PHX Senthawk (CommsBoard) Firmware Update Version 2023012400 Equipment PHX Aircraft PHX Battery PHX CommsBox Windows Computer Ethernet Cable (OPTIONAL, BUT RECOMMENDED) Update Download Firmware Update .zip File. Unzip ...
Sentera PHX™ FAQs - What is the WIFI password to my CommsBox?
The WIFI password to your CommsBox is the serial number printed on the front of the CommsBox twice. For example if the SN was 1234 then the WIFI password would be 12341234 Download the latest Sentera PHX Operation Manual Sentera PHX Firmware Update
Sentera PHX™ FAQs - Can I power the CommsBox from a wall outlet, a different battery, or a longer cord?
No, you can ONLY power the CommsBox with the Sentera Supplied Battery & Sentera Supplied 6" USB Power Cable provided by Sentera. Other batteries and longer cables are not able to supply the correct power for reliable operation. Warning: Using a ...