Double 4K - Updating Firmware
Recent versions of firmware for the Sentera Double 4K Sensor (v1.4.0 or later) are required for the Fly Forward Update
. Released March 2022.
Follow the instructions below for downloading and installing the firmware update for your Double 4K/AGX710 Sensor.
Solid Red - Sensor is booting, do not take-off
Solid Green - Ready for flight
Blinking Red - Error
1. Identify Serial Number (S/N)
First, identify your product's serial number. The serial number is located on the sticker attached to the top or side of the sensor. See the images below for reference.
2. Download the Update
Select the appropriate firmware update below based on your serial number. Attempts to install the firmware on an incompatible product will fail, resulting in no changes to the performance or configuration of the device.
- Serial numbers 199 or lower. This download is ONLY compatible with a Double 4K/AGX710 with a serial number 199 or lower: Double 4K Firmware v1.5.2
- Serial numbers 200 or higher. This download is ONLY compatible with a Double 4K/AGX710 with a serial number 200 or higher. Double 4K Firmware v1.5.2
3. Install the Update
After downloading the firmware update file:
- Remove the SD card from the Double 4K sensor and insert into a computer.
If you are using a new SD Card, ensure the card is formatted to FAT32. FAQ: How to update to FAT32
- Copy the snapcam-ota-1.5.2.zip file for sensor 199 and under, and msM8996_sc-ota-1.5.2.zip file for serial numbers 200 and above, to the Firmware Folder on the SD card. (DO NOT unzip the file; copy the entire zip file to the folder.)
- Insert the SD card into the sensor.
- Power on the system.
- Wait 15 minutes for the update to complete. The Double 4K will
automatically reboot a few times and the LED will blink a variety of colors. This is normal.
- Power off the system.
- Remove the SD card from the sensor.
- View the /info/info.txt file on the SD Card.
- Verify that the Filesystem Version is the expected new version to confirm that the update was successfully applied. Example below:
- Insert the SD card into the sensor. The
update is complete.
Contact Sentera Customer Support:
Create a Support Ticket Here
Phone: (844) 736-8372 - Option "1"
Single Sensor Firmware Upgrade
The most recent version of firmware for the Sentera Single Sensor (v2.7.0) is required for the Fly Forward Update. Released March 2022. There are two options for updating firmware on the Single Sensor. Option one is the prefered method. Option 1: ...
Double 4K Skyport - Sensor User Guide
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710. Scroll to the bottom and download the attachment Double 4K Skyport User Manual. In the manual, you will find the following sections: Introduction In the Box Installation Flight Flight Types ...
6X - Multispectral Sensor User and Integration Guide
Check out our new: 6X User Guide Scroll down to download the user / integration guide below for operating the Sentera 6X Multispectral Sensor. For more information: How to use 6X: ...
Double 4K - Software Release Notes
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710. Version 1.5.2 | March 30, 2023 Features For S/N's 200+: Add support for Mavic 3E systems (912600 baud U-blox) Add support for U-blox Gen-9 in PHX Inhibit Skyport triggers when operating in non ...
Double 4K - Using Pix4D
Note: Double 4K - Skyport is formerly known as AGX710. At the bottom of this page, you'll find instructions and templates to help you use Pix4D with your Sentera Double 4K Sensor. Make sure to download the correct template for your sensor. Using the ...